Cord blood & cord tissue
Stem cells found in the umbilical cord and the placenta at birth contain are precious to your baby’s future health.
They are important building blocks that could help protect your child’s health in the years ahead.
Stem cells can be used in the treatment of life-changing diseases and conditions such as leukaemia.
Important research around the globe brings hope that stem cells can be used to treat increasing numbers of illnesses.
It’s vital, then, that these unique cells are saved and stored in safe conditions for future use.
Banking your child’s stem cells couldn’t be easier:
• Request your information pack
• Complete and return your agreement
• We’ll make the necessary arrangements for your big day, including appointing a phlebotomist to supervise the collection of your blood and tissue samples
• Your baby is born – contact your phlebotomist, and arrange courier pick-up for your samples
• Your baby’s blood and tissue samples are taken to our secure lab facilities and processed for storage
Stem cells like the ones found in banking cord blood and tissue could enable the storage of haematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), which are vital in various medical treatments and regenerative therapies.
Among the many illnesses and conditions now being treated with stem cell therapies:
• Bone marrow cancers
• Immune system disorders
• Sickle cell
At Stem Protect, we’ll look after your child’s stem cell samples as if they were our own. The ultimate care of your child’s current and future health is our number one priority.
Speak to the experts at Stem Protect today to discuss your individual requirements.
Blood from the umbilical cord, which connects a baby to the mother during pregnancy, contains high quantities of stem cells.
All human bodies contain stem cells; they are present in bone marrow, blood, adipose tissue, and dental pulp.